Gunner

Default Lathe die head Wanted!!

On 30 Jul 2003 10:19:24 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , says...

In article ,
Mike Henry wrote:
DoN and I have different models of Clausing lathes and we both have bed
turrets. Mine (on a 5914) must be different than his, though, as there is
1" of daylight all the way through the bore on one station to to the bore on
it's opposite side.

Ah, mine is a hardinge DSM-59, where the turret is basically
conical, and mounted at an angle. So there is no daylight
available!

Some of the Logans had "pass through" turrets, but the DV-59 is a true
Second Ops lathe, and is not really a "turret Lathe" though it has a
turret.

There is a difference, moot for the most part..but a difference.

Gunner

But if you have to be secretive about it for whatever reason
(perhaps a non-disclosure agreement?) so be it.

I think the original poster is certainly being less than
informative about the setup involved.

Jim

please reply to:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty
is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
-- Ben Franklin