Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who owns my Electricity Meter?

Actually I posed this question to the bloke from Central Networks - my
"supplier" the ones who own the cables and manage the electricity
supply, when he visited recently. He said my "supplier" owned the
meter, not Central Networks. When I pointed out that I could change
"supplier", he decided that things have gotten a bit confusing since
privatisation and he hadn't a clue. Hence my question..

The incomming feed is definately being moved - the pre-war (according
to the CN guy) overhead power lines are being replaced with discrete
underground cables.