Posted to alt.home.repair
SlipKid

Default Carb on Tecumseh engine leaking gas

I can use the snowblower, thats the main thing. I just shut off the gas
valve after I use it. I cannot solve the gas overflow problem. I changed the
float, needle and the needle seat. There is not much to it, but it has me
baffled.
Oh Well.
Thanks all for the help

"SlipKid" wrote in message
I removed the bowl while still mounted to the engine, the fload moves fine.
I opened up the gas valve and lifted the float gentley up and and the gas
stoped flowing. I did this a few times and the gas stoped flowing every
time. I mounted the bowl back on the carb, opened the gas valve and it
still
leaks out the top on the carb. The float must not moving after the bowl is
attached. The bowl is mounted correctly, the deep side away from the
hinged
part on the float. The float is new along with the needle and the needle
seat.
The float was adjusted using a #4 drill bit as per the instructions.

"Andy Asberry" wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 20:39:03 -0500, "SlipKid" wrote:

I purchased a rebuild kit for this carb. I changed the float, the needle
and
the needle seat (rubber gasket). I put it back together and it still
leaks
gas out of the carb, a fast drip.
Any thoughts?

Where is it leaking from; the throat or around the bowl? Did your
rebuild kit include gaskets for the top of the bowl and the bottom
retaining nut? If it has one, did you check the tickler drain on the
bowl? Did you check the float to be sure it would float (no holes)?
Adjust the float level?