Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Intermatic vs. Aube light timers - experiences?

I wasn't going to reply to this originally, because we're veering off
topic, but to explain a bit...

About the plaster wall, you've misunderstood. It's not an old
plaster-and-lathe wall, it's 10-year-old, regular sheet rock. The
problem is, on top of the sheet rock is a Venetian plaster finish--a
layer of colored plaster and sand--no paint. So whatever cuts are made

into the wall, this isn't just a spackle-and-paint job. This wall
texture, basically the real version or what many "faux" finishes are
meant to imitate, is not the easiest thing to apply in the first place,

but it is next to impossible to repair. Most professionals who
specialize in this type of finish won't even consider repairs--they
only redo entire rooms (and to the tune of thousand of dollars).

As for the solar timetable issue, remember this is not my house, and I
don't plan to work for these people forever. Asking them to change the

timers themselves is beyond their preferred level of involvement.

So, sorry for the thread-jack, there, but I couldn't help myself. Now,
finish things off, I'll ask for some off-topic help: if anyone knows of

a good Venetian plasterer in the San Francisco area who will do
repairs, send me a PM!