Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Errol Groff

Default 14.5" Southbend Crossfeed Nut

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 20:31:12 GMT, Mike wrote:

Help...I need one of these. The one in my lathe is wasted. I contacted
Southbend and they want like $995 for a new screw and nut. THe screw is
bent but straightenable if I can get a nut. Anybody know of another
source ? Or help point me in the direction of making one ? I have done
threading on a lthe a couple of times..but it has been awhile. I have a
nice 10" sheldon to use to make the nut on.

PLease help...

Thanks
Mike Miller

Lood here to see how I did a similar repair. But instead of one lathe
I had (as I recall) 6 that needed repair. All the lathes are still
working fine four years later.

http://pages.cthome.net/errol.groff/...rew_repair.htm

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department