Posted to sci.chem.electrochem.battery,rec.crafts.metalworking
Chuck Sherwood

Default Q. about leaving trickle charger connected in my diesel car

It has two large 6 volt batteries in series. It is used infrequently.

I think it will work. I use one on a diesel vehicle with two 12 volt
batteries in parallel. The one I have uses a very simple algorithum.
It applies a 1.5 amp charge until the battery reachs 14v. It then
shuts off until the battery voltage drops to 13V. I just plug it
into the cigarette lighter when the vehicle sets more than a few days.

chuck