ATP

Default Major Haul Today

Jon Elson wrote:
ATP wrote:

Helped clean out the basement of a dead wacky hobbyist today.
Hundreds of pounds of stainless hardware, bundles of drill rod,
bandsaw welding machine, milling vises, turning tools, impact
sockets, solid bar, flats, huge drills, taps, threaded rod, hubbell
twist-locks, clamps, Jacobs chucks- I think one was a 25N, etc.,
etc.. All free, the guys cleaning it out were doing it for the scrap
aluminum, copper and brass and just dumping the steel. I have at
least two tons total on the truck.

TWO TONS!!??!! Wow! That IS quite a haul!

Jon

My truck has a payload of over 7,000 pounds and it felt almost fully loaded.
A lot of the stainless stuff was small and not that useful, but there were
trays and trays of it. I met these guys at a scrap yard, just looking to
pick up some round stuff for my lathe, they invited me over to the house.
The deceased electrician/metalworker was a real nutcase- the place looked
like "Conspiracy Theory". He had a plumbing system rigged up that collected
and utilized rainwater. The entire house had no sheetrock, but was done up
with industrial wiring and remote controlled stuff. He had constructed out
of Al an automatic cat feeder. I'm told he lived alone and would not allow
anyone into the house. He used to work for a local utility and apparently
had access to a lot of metal, he was able to fashion shed doors out of 3/16"
aluminum.