Mike Henry

Default Lathe die head Wanted!!

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
In article ,
Mike Henry wrote:
DoN and I have different models of Clausing lathes and we both have bed
turrets. Mine (on a 5914) must be different than his, though, as there

is
1" of daylight all the way through the bore on one station to to the bore

on
it's opposite side.

Yes -- quite different in that. There is a threaded stud up
through the center of my turret, which passes through a disc and has a
nut with a single lever handle to tighten down so there is *no* play in
the turret head for heavy cuts. Thus on my turret, the limit is about
3" plus whatever extension there is beyond the turret's face.

I've got manuals for both available and see what you mean about the turret
head lock (threaded stud) on yours. Mine has no such feature but seems
pretty sturdy nonetheless. Haven't taxed it much yet, except for using it
to drill 1/2" holes about 2" deep in SS and it had no problem there.

snip