Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default ScottishPower gas charges

Jonathan Pearson wrote:
"mike" wrote in message
ups.com...
My point is I know that I used 333 units over the total 91 days but
not that my gas
use almost doubled after the price rise. Seeing that at the date of
the change over point for the price rise ,Scottish Power Manweb had
no ideal how much gas I have
really used until my meter was read on the 04/12/05. In other words I
think I used more gas at the lower price and less gas at the higher
price.

Mike Cole

I'd contact the regulator - I'm sure they would take a very dim view
of this sort of underhand practice!
Jon

It was an estimation, and probably by someone who can't add up, the correct
standing bill will be formalised when he submits his own reading.

This is why I like using prepayment meters...save the hassle of missing the
meter reader and getting in touch with the supplier and recieving paperwork
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite