Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy Asberry

Default Carb on Tecumseh engine leaking gas

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 20:39:03 -0500, "SlipKid" wrote:

I purchased a rebuild kit for this carb. I changed the float, the needle and
the needle seat (rubber gasket). I put it back together and it still leaks
gas out of the carb, a fast drip.
Any thoughts?

Where is it leaking from; the throat or around the bowl? Did your
rebuild kit include gaskets for the top of the bowl and the bottom
retaining nut? If it has one, did you check the tickler drain on the
bowl? Did you check the float to be sure it would float (no holes)?
Adjust the float level?