Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default Don't You Hate it When

"Jo-Anne & Edward Tabachek" wrote in message
Non woodturning types have no idea that the globe ornaments can be
hollowed out, even if the ornaments are very light in weight. I and some
other makers (including Bob Rosand, I believe) put a dry split pea or two
into the globe before glue-up. This lets the curious know that the
ornament has been hollowed out. Now they wonder how that can be done.

That's right. When I first started selling them, I had them hanging on the
wires. Now I hang them on a little 3-foot tree so they won't ask how
anything with a two-inch spike can be a good top. Second question is always
"how'd you get them so light?"

Split pea ornaments, here we come.