Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default Grizzly wood lathe vs Jet vs General, etc

Fri, Dec 9, 2005, 6:23am George@least (George) who doth publicly claim:
Conventional wisdom says get one of the "Mini" or "Midi" types snip
Not a big saving, but some take the funny threads and the rough finish
in stride.

Conventional wisdom? I must be listening to "unconventional
wisdom" then, because I figure anything you can do on a small lathe, you
can do on a big lathe. But, you sure can't do big stuff on a small
lathe.

MY HF lathe doesn't have any funny threads, and the finish isn't
bad. The "quality" of it is at least at good as a lot of way higher
priced lathes. Ran me around $150 tops, lathe, tools, and plywood to
make the stand. Plus, it's now painted yellow.

JOAT
A rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the
weekends.