Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Mike Paulson

Default Don't You Hate it When

When I was selling ornaments I always intentionally added a tiny wood cube
to rattle around in there. So many folks in the general public are
incredibly ignorant about wood and it was worth sales to be able to
validate their suspicion that the lightweight ornaments MIGHT be hollow.
Plus it made it easier for them to show it off to their friends, "Look,
it's hollow," (shake, shake).

-mike paulson, fort collins, co

Nice little ornaments go wrong? Oak body, maple icecicle, looks nice,
weight's right and -what's that noise?

Some dummy didn't blow all the shavings out before he attached the maple.
What do you think, bore the mounting hole right into the interior and inject
a little glue or leave it be?