Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

Default Question Regarding Honeywell Chronotherm III

"Ronald Cliborn" wrote in message
news
I bought a home with two of the above mentioned thermostats.
Either I can't figure out how to program them, or they don't work
correct.

I changed the batteries to eliminate that possibility.

The Problem: The thermostat doesn't come on or go off when I want it
to, or provide the desired temp I program in.

It seems easy to operate and program, but the problem lies in the
grouping of the "On" & "Off" buttons.
There a
1.) Wake
2.) Sleep
3.) Leave
4.) Return

I believe WAKE turns the system ON at the start of a Day. But I don't
know if it then gets turned off by SLEEP or LEAVE.

The same with RETURN. Is it turned off by SLEEP.

WAKE -- LEAVE -- RETURN -- SLEEP is what I've tried without
success.
I'll try the other combination, but if someone KNOWs could you please
help me out??

Thanks
Ron Cli Bon

All you are doing when you program the times, and temps, are just
that...times and temps. IF you set the thermostat to be at 80F at WAKE time
of 6am, and its 74F at 5:59, it will turn it on at 6 to heat the area.
IF, and this is IF you have the Adaptive Recovery feature ON, it might even
start the unit in WAKE mode at 5:50....depending on the previous weeks
measured time to raise the temps as needed.