Ian Stirling

Default Help Sand & Dial Indicator

Sunworshiper wrote:
The wife's dog is out of control. Yesterday I went to the truck to
get a Sharpie and back to the shop and the tool I was just using was
gone. So I start searching beating my head against the walls tring to

snip
bench. Yep, in the yard... The dog must be standing up and grabbing
stuff , it must be watching what I'm doing even though it looks half
dead laying infront of the swap cooler.

It just happened again and this time took my only small dial indicator
and I found it all slobbered and in the durt ! I'm in the middle of
making a holder for it and was hoping to get it done and set up for
the next step of the job. Now I don't know what to do to clean it.

I'm afraid to touch it. Soft brush and then ahhh hold it the best way
in gas and then compressed air and hope for the best ?

I can understand why you'r afraid to touch it.
But violence is never the right solution.
Perhaps find a local pound?

More seriously, it's probably the right thing to take it apart and
clean it, lubricating it with the appropriate lubricant.
Dog spit ain't it.

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | | Ian Stirling.
Get off a shot FAST, this upsets him long enough to let you make your