Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson

Default How'd I do?

Dave Lyon wrote:
the particular lift gate was adequate for an 1800 Lb machine. One of
them was a bit worn, and the gate tilted a bit as it was moving, so one

1800? Are you sure? I thought they were closer to 3000.

Actually, mine is a very old machine, and lighter. The Series I
with 2J head, Vee ram and 42" table has a shipping weight of 2180
Lbs, as listed in Bridgeport's sales literature. I don't know what
the actual weight of the machine is, but my guess is a pallet doesn't
contribute more than 100 Lbs or so of the shipping weight.
The Series-II manual machine has a shipping weight of 4750 Lbs.

An old catalog lists the round-ram 1J head machine as 1500 Lbs.

These are the manual machine weights I'm giving here. I converted
mine myself, and the machine itself didn't gain a whole lot of
weight in the conversion.

Jon