Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Kerosene Heater and De-humidifer Combo?

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 21:07:55 GMT, "Name" wrote:

In the "how to heat a two stall garage" thread, someone mentioned that a
kerosene heater would cause a lot of moisture in the garage. How much
moisture will there be? Could I just use a low-cost (normal store bought)
de-humidifier to make it normal humidity?

Depends on th' amount of fuel burned per hr and th' rate at which your
dehumidifier can collect water. I'd read that a rough guestimate is
that you can get one gallon of water per gallon of fuel burned.

I'm not sure if that's correct, but I do know my shop (PNW) was
dripping wet after 2-3 hours of being heated by a propane jet engine
style heater. Likewise with a kerosene heater I tried after that. I
never tried using a dehumidifier in conjunction with th' heaters.

I'm convinced that if one chooses to use propane, kerosene or oil
burning heat sources, they should be direct vented (exhaust) outside.

Snarl