Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leo Van Der Loo

Default Drying roughed bowls-Boiling Method

Hi Steve

Love to see your results on your drying experiments, I have your boiling
file and though I rarely use the boiling way on my turnings I do use
it for some woods that I know are going to give me trouble.

I am interested, like to know things and it gives me choices, thank You

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Steve Russell wrote:

Hello to the group,

If anyone is interested in my boiling protocol, I will be happy to email it
to them if you will send me an email. I would post it on the group, but some
on the group do not care for posts that are more than a few sentences long.

/SNIP/

I have begun experimenting on two new ways to dry timber using
some new innovative techniques. Results for these will not be available
until the end of 2006, or early 2007 as each subset will require 500 bowls,
with the master protocol requiring a total of 2,000 bowls to complete the
testing. As always, I remain at the group's service... If I can help you in
any way, please do not hesitate to contact me. Research and testing
continue... Humm, I see my post is a wee bit long, I guess I'll have to
hunker down for the incoming :-0