Mike Henry

Default Lathe die head Wanted!!

DoN and I have different models of Clausing lathes and we both have bed
turrets. Mine (on a 5914) must be different than his, though, as there is
1" of daylight all the way through the bore on one station to to the bore on
it's opposite side. IOW, it would be possible to thread a pretty long piece
with a die head, providing the OD was small enough to fit therough the die
head shank bore.

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article ,

says...

Not sure why it matters, but it's an acme thread that is larger in
diameter than a standard diameter/pitch and must be in bronze.

Like don asked, how long a piece do you need? Longer
than a few inches and a die head won't do it.

If it is a non-standard thread you proably won't be able
to purchase off-the shelf chasers anyway. Single point
it with a follower rest would be the way I would do it.

Jim

please reply to: