Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
George Willer

Default 14.5" Southbend Crossfeed Nut

Mike,

I bought the nut from SB and made the screw to fit it. I got by for less
than $100. If I were to do it again I'd make a tap at the same time and at
the same settings as the lead screw and make the nut myself... just because.
I made my screw on my 10" Logan after making a follower rest for it. I
think it would be nearly impossible without a follower.

George Willer

"Mike" wrote in message
. com...
Help...I need one of these. The one in my lathe is wasted. I contacted
Southbend and they want like $995 for a new screw and nut. THe screw is
bent but straightenable if I can get a nut. Anybody know of another
source ? Or help point me in the direction of making one ? I have done
threading on a lthe a couple of times..but it has been awhile. I have a
nice 10" sheldon to use to make the nut on.

PLease help...

Thanks
Mike Miller