clare @ snyder.on .ca

Default The British and shopping cart technology

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:36:15 -0700 (PDT), (dann
mann) wrote:

While we are on this subject... How much do you think a typical plastic
and metal shopping cart costs these days? I've heard they are nearly
400 bucks but I find that real hard to believe. Walmart must by a couple
million of these things a year. No way would they pay more than 50 bucks
for such a thing more likely about $35

Today, the painted ones are between $75 and $100 US. Nickle plated are
significantly higher priced as plating is a lot more expensive than
powder coating. Some are well over $400 Canadian, or close to $300 US.
Reconditioned ones used at some smaller groceries and "dollar stores"
go for around $45 and up.