Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Jeffries

Default Anyone try spray painting instead of roller and brush

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 07:42:09 -0800, Farouq wrote:
I am considering spray painting some rooms instead of using a roller and
brush. It seems to be so much easier than spending ages with a roller and
brush.

Why is spray painting not popular? are there any disadvantages that I've
overlooked?

I know there is the original cost of buying the equipment which makes it
more expensive initially. After that it should be much easier to paint
the room?

My father runs a business that does spray painting of large retail shops
(e.g. Argos). When I bought my house he sent his team in and in a day
they had sprayed every wall magnolia and every ceiling gloss white. No
mess around the house, no dust settling, we were able to go in later that
day - slight odour but gone by the next day.

Obviously the colour-scheme isn't for everyone (nor for us) but it enabled
us to at least have a clean/fresh slate before going round each room
decorating over time (we had a 3 month old son when we bought the house so
taking a few weeks to decorate every room ourselves wasn't practical).

I've had the same thoughts myself in the past, why bother painting when
you can spray. Never got round to learning how or why not yet though...

Cheers,

Andy

--
Andy Jeffries | gPHPEdit Lead Developer