Richard W.

Default Lathe die head Wanted!!

wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:00:35 -0700, "Richard W."
wrote:

Will that work for you? I almost bought it for myself. Oh I just

remembered
that I have a large Landis head out in the shop that I have never used.

If
you are interested let me know and I will send you some pictures.

Thanks Richard and Jim, I had looked at ebay and emailed a few vendors
about getting the chasers I need. Deafening silence so my guess is
they don't know or wont say. MSC don't have chasers I need either.

As to those who suggested buying threaded rod, I didn't come down in
the last rain storm. I had checked everywhere I could think of and
drawn a blank. You guys need to get out more.

Not sure why it matters, but it's an acme thread that is larger in
diameter than a standard diameter/pitch and must be in bronze. I am
not sure why some loonies here need to know all of that, as if it
makes a ****-load of difference to having a die head to sell or not.

Some people actually do their homework instead of just whining for
help here guys. It is quaint to see that little changes in this neck
of the Internet-woods. sigh

Thanks again Jim and Rich for some useful suggestions.

--

Kind regards,
Jenny and her tribe of survivors.

I went out and looked and the die head I have is a 2 Landmatic. Cuts 3/8" to
1 1/4" threads. It also has a 2" shank that appears to be bolted on.

Richard W.