Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting 17 foot foyer with extension ladder??

If you have access to the attic above the light fixture in the foyer
you may be able to
do what I have done. I moved the electric box a few inches over in the
ceiling from the attic, and lowered a rope that is used to pull up my
light fixture to the ceiling. The fixture's chain is fastened in the
attic using a thin pipe put into a link in the chain that then rests
between the rafters. Nice and secure. Finally I connected the wires to
the electric box. The hole in the ceiling is covered by attaching the
fixture plate cover to the chain before I pulled it up, so that it
ended up flush with the ceiling, covering the hole. When a light needs
to be changed or the fixture needs to be cleaned I simpley disconnect
and lower.