Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default OT Browser

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 07:10:25 -0800, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 20:20:05 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm,
technomaNge quickly quoth:

You trusting fool, you! They might not be as prevalent now...
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&q=linux+virus
1 - 100 of about 34,000,000 for linux virus. (0.32 seconds)

Come on, Larry, that's crap and you know it.

Me? I'd rather have protection and not need it.

Great. I'll get a scanner to watch for all zero of the real Linux and
Mac OSX viruses, and keep counting all none of them on my systems.
Yes, there's been one or two "theoretical, in the lab only, not in the
wild" experiments.

If you can provide a cite to an actual security site showing I'm wrong,
I'll retract and learn about it, but saying "google has 27 bazillion
hits" for something is insane. You can combine any random words and get
a bunch of hits on google. He yellow monkey fever triangle
174,000 hits. So, by your logic showing Linux viruses are prevalant,
it's also common to encounter the yellow monkey fever triangle.

Dave Hinz