Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default OT Browser

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 02:03:15 GMT, Laurie Forbes wrote:

I have tried downloading and booting a linux iso CD file but my computer
seems to ignore it (I can boot however from the CD with a Windows boot
disk). My computer is about 10 years old and I wonder if the bios does not
recognize iso extensions (or some such). Would anyone know what the problem
might be??

Yup, you just need to burn that .iso file to a CD-R. Your CD burning
software _should_ recognize it, just double click on the .iso and nero
or whatever you use will say "Ah, you want to make a CD from this,
right?" or something to that effect.

I'd like to try the Ubuntu linux but don't really want to do a three hour or
so download unless the file is going to work.

It'll work if your burning software understands (or can be made to
understand) what to do with an iso, no worries.