Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DE

Default Kerosene Heater and De-humidifer Combo?

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 21:07:55 GMT, "Name" wrote:

In the "how to heat a two stall garage" thread, someone mentioned that a
kerosene heater would cause a lot of moisture in the garage. How much
moisture will there be? Could I just use a low-cost (normal store bought)
de-humidifier to make it normal humidity?

Thanks.

I use both a kero-torpedo heater and a propane space
heater to boost the woodstove that is the primiary source
of heat in my shop. Generally in very cold temps and just
to get everything warmed up till the woodstove is fully
fired.

Haven't seen any rust on my tools, I suspect that
the woodstove drys things out. I don't even open a window
when running either. I use high grade kero, up from $3 a gal
last year to almost $5 this year.

DE