Old Nick

Default The British and shopping cart technology

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 02:34:30 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

Don't you Yanks ever look at yourselves, instead of sneering at other
countries? For such insular creatures, you don't have much to be proud of.
^^^^^^^^^^^
I think the anti-French comments are in bad taste, and I am sorry they
appeared here. However, the above remark is just as bad, for blaming ALL
Americans for the rudeness and ignorance of ONE.

ONE???? Boy, have you missed a few posts here! It was either here or
rec.ww that I was told that I was correct (and that was the only
time), in that the US did not give a rat's "ass" about what the rest
of the world thought. This was amongst a huge argument about the
invasion of Iraq, where anti-French, and anti anything not coalition
of the willing, invective was flung about like mud. I am from Oz, and
am therefore part of the coalition of the helplessly toady. I was
roundly abused by a lot more than one US citizen, not just for
questioning the whole thing, but because I questioned my contry's
involvement.

IMO, as with any image, be it racial, national or even industrial, the
ALL is at fault for not doing enough to counteract the image presented
by the noisy ones, hoiwever many there may be, if all are worried
about it.
Huh! Old age!. You may hate it, but let me tell you, you can't get by for long without it!

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music
Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email
!!
")
_/ )
( )