Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Annual Bird Watching Report - Further OT

Ken:

I am in San Antonio. We are currently experiencing a large influx of
New Yankee Warblers. Like a Mockingbird they do not have a readily
identified call. However, they can be identified by the following:

- White legs sticking out of cargo shorts, with black socks and dress
shoes on the males
- Also for the males, fishing hats a la Grumpy Old Men. For male and
female, flip-up clip-on sunglasses on the more mature of the species
- For both male and female, roosting places include RVs, relations, and
Mexican food restaurants along water areas such as the Riverwalk

Can be more readily identified by the following calls:
- You think this is cold? Last week in PA I was shoveling a foot of
snow off the walk!
- Damn these halapeenos are hot! Don't eat those Ma or youse gonna be
screamin' for ice cream all night!
- Ahhhhh.... you guys haven't tasted a decent dwog until you have a NY
dwog (They don't know that dwogs are endangered down here and we can't
hunt them. What is a dwog anyway?)
- Geeezzz.... lookit the size of that iced tea glass! Whadussit hold?
A frikkin' gallon? (Actually no, just a quart). Actually considered
the lunch time size pretty much everwhere around here.

I know I have made positive ID when I introduce myself, and they
respond with a grimace (rarely) or the respond with "So how you doin't
Rahbut?"

I then ask if they are from around here, and they beam with pride as
they think they fit right in.

Good to see 'em around for a while, and like them, I am glad when they
are on the way home.

Robert/Rahbut