Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Default Buying USA?

Edwin Pawlowski said:

"evodawg" wrote in message

My mom is an Interior Decorator and she insists on buying American made
furniture for her clients. She buys most of this stock in North and South
Carolina and told me last night on the phone she can't find any suppliers
anymore that use only USA manufactures.

The Hitchcock Furniture Company announced today that they are for sale. Same
location in CT for 180 years. If she buys it, she will have control over
what is made and can keep it in the USA.

For anyone interested:
---------
HITCHCOCK CHAIR COMPANY COURTS BUYERS

NEW HARTFORD, Conn. - October 2005 -- Hitchcock Chair Company, a
180-year-old Connecticut manufacturer of distinctive hand-crafted
hardwood furniture collections, has announced plans to sell its
venerable brand and wholesale business.

This action is a direct result of the recent decision to pursue
retirement on the part of Robin Faccenda, the current owner, said Ron
Coleman, Hitchcock President since 1996.

We are considering offers from manufacturers in the industry and
local Connecticut businesses who will embrace Hitchcock’s place in New
England history, and continue its legendary craftsmanship, quality
standards and distinctive brand heritage, added Coleman.
---------

http://mfg.furniturefan.com/default....=pressreleases

If I were wealthy and wanted to live in Connecticut, I'd buy it. ;-)
I remain hopeful that someone worthy buys the business and the name.

Greg G.