Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Name

Default Kerosene Heater and De-humidifer Combo?

"Ignoramus8325" wrote in message
On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 22:13:08 GMT, Name wrote:

"Mike Berger" wrote in message
Maybe, but then you'll be using a lot more energy overall to heat
the place, and stand the chance of dying from the combustion fumes
and lack of oxygen as well.

Name wrote:
In the "how to heat a two stall garage" thread, someone mentioned

that a
kerosene heater would cause a lot of moisture in the garage. How

much
moisture will there be? Could I just use a low-cost (normal store

bought)
de-humidifier to make it normal humidity?

Thanks.

I think I am going to use the heater and go from there. I think the
dehumidifers I was looking at were around 600 watts.

I'll be venting the garage, as to not die from the oxygen delpletion,

carbon
monoxide, etc.

Make sure that you can return this heater, and actually try it within
the return period. They are worthless and unusable. By the time they
warm up the area, they use up too much oxygen and produce too much
pollutants. Ventilating the area does not help much, as that defeats
the purpose of heating. It is impossible to work with so much crap in
the air and less oxygen.

I had to return mine to Home Depot, I am glad that they took it
back. It would give me bad headaches.

I tried one last year when I was working on my Onan DJE generator.

If you think about moisture, then you would see that cold machines
would attract condensation. The fact that dehumidifier would remove
some moisture is not very consoling, since condensation would still
remain on the machines for a while.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.