Tom Gardner

Default buying a Dayton drill press

If it works, and the chuck run-out is minimal, buy it! I certainly would.
It'll clean-up.

"alam" wrote in message
Hello.
Today I passed a thrift shop that had an old Dayton DF12 floor drill
press outside. I stopped to ask how much and they said about $65.
And offered to hook it up to show me how well it ran.

I dont really know anything about drill presses. Are these any good?
It seem to have a lot of surface rust on it but I dont know how
serious that might be.

What should I look for? I was going to take my test indicator and
check out the runout but what else do I check ???

If it's ok, what would be a fair price to offer the guy?

Thanks in advance,

Art