Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default A crook caught, and a LESSON FOR DIY'rs !!!!!!!

Don wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote
Exactly. Licensing is cheap. If a guy is skimping on that, what else
is he skimping on?

Licensed contractors don't skimp?

Depends on the contractor. You honestly don't believe that someone who
is breaking some of the rules isn't breaking others? If the guy is
unlicensed where else is he going to cut corners? I certainly wouldn't
want to find out on my house.

You still have to do your due diligence in investigating someone before
you hire them - references, check with BBB and contractor licensing,
etc. If they're not licensed I don't see any reason to go any further.