Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy

Default Oneway Termite

Boxes are rather curious in how they sell. Our club (Beaver State
Woodturners) had a demo by a Portland turner on turning boxes. His deal
was that "after I started flocking the insides, they really started
moving for me." Well, as I like to turn boxes, and mine hadn't been
selling that well, I got all of the flocking supplies, and did a run of
20 or so boxes. Of course, the first person in my booth after I had the
flocked boxes asked "Do you have any without this stuff in them?" Now I
just use beeswax for the inside.
I was up in Seattle for a show in November, and almost sold out of
boxes. One woman bought 11, and another guy bought 5. Now I am making
some more. Who knows when they will sell. Probably when that one
special person comes by.
robo hippy