Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
rigger

Default Kerosene Heater and De-humidifer Combo?

Mike Berger wrote:
Maybe, but then you'll be using a lot more energy overall to heat
the place, and stand the chance of dying from the combustion fumes
and lack of oxygen as well.

Name wrote:
In the "how to heat a two stall garage" thread, someone mentioned that a
kerosene heater would cause a lot of moisture in the garage. How much
moisture will there be? Could I just use a low-cost (normal store bought)
de-humidifier to make it normal humidity?

Thanks.

Like any heating device if a kerosene heater is operated and maintained
properly there is no problem using it inside for long periods of time.
A dehumidifier would certainly add cost but, depending on the brand and
etc., could be effective.

Just guessing but I imagine the amount of water to be removed won't be
more than the amount of kerosene supplied (recombining the hydrogen in
the kerosene with oxygen??). Maybe someone who understands the
chemistry involved can tell us for sure.

dennis
in nca