Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pyotr filipivich

Default fixing Mitutoyo Dial Calipers?

You take one lousy week off to join Thorax at the Elvis concert, and this
is what happens: (Nick Müller) writes on Wed, 7 Dec 2005
19:25:49 +0100 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
John Martin wrote:

wouldn't it make sense just to get a new one from Mitutoyo?

... or get that lever as a replacement part. I bet Mitutoyo have a
decent service.

Well there is that.

However, I did 'borrow' a dab of whatever goop they folks in Assembly
mix up to finish hatch panels with, applied and let set up over night.
Seems to work.

Also, I learned that there are gibs in dial calipers, and the reason my
6" ones were "off" was that they were worn and not aligned. So there was
room to move the traveling arm "just enough" to allow for a 3 thou
discrepancy.

Nick

--
pyotr filipivich.