Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Buying USA?

"Cyrille de Brébisson" wrote in message
hello,

Let me disagree with that, the consumer is to blame, because he knows that
by going for the short term profit, he is jeopardizing his long term
future, but he does not care. BTW, this is a symptom of psychopath!

Well I have to disagree back. ;~) The consumer cares nothing about profit.
Profit is a monitary term that business cares about. If the consumer was
getting such a raw deal the trend of his purchases would turn back to
another source. Just because an expensive item lasts longer does not mean
that this is a good purchase for the consumer. The consumer is more
concerned with how a product may benefit him which may in some cases lead to
more profit down the road if the product is bought for business purposes.

the problem is not as much that the American laborer needs to learn how to
compete, but that the American citizen need to quadruple at least what he
pays for stuff (relative to income), and therefore greatly reducing his
lifestyle, and this is hard to do...

The laboror learning how to compete and earn a reasonable wage for what he
does is by far more doable than trying to convence the customer to pay 4
times the price for the same or less quality.

BTW, I was reading last week that if everyone on earth was consuming like
the average American, it would take 5.8 earth to support mankind.

I totally agree, and yet the American businesses are loosing their share of
the production market. They need to learn to compete. There is plenty of
business out there to be had.