Posted to rec.woodworking
Cyrille de Brébisson

Default Buying USA?

hello,

As I general rule I try to avoid buying from mainland China. Generally
the quality is as low or as high as the price when it comes to Chinese
imports. On the high end of price the quality of Chinese imports is
comparable with similarily priced items made in the West. The big
difference is at the low end, their low end price goes a lot lower than
anyone else and there tends to be lower level floor to just how
****-poor the quality can get that even the cheapest Chinese imports
can't fall below. Like the $20 vise I just bought: the jaws don't close
parralell(sp) and the pop up dog is a joke but the jaws line up when
it's closed and serves my immediate needs and I'll retire within a year
I'm sure.

remember, the quality is low because the US company who request, and specify
the goods only care about pricing and not quality. and they do that because
the customer care more about price than quality...
it's customer driven, and it is that way because, we, as customer WANT
MORE!!!

Just a little concerned about all this $$$$ going to China and our
politicians and retail manufactures promoting this idea. Is National
Security an issue? Not to mention all the jobs lost to this practice.

a lot of that money is then re-invested in the US (in stock, and most
noticeably in government bonds and real estate), which is in fact a buy out
of Americas future. China holds your social security check :-)
what this means is that by buying so much Chinese good, you sell to china
the land you reside in, it's wealth, and your children's.

regards, cyrille