Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default OT Browser

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 19:55:53 -0600, Unknown wrote:
On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 23:09:30 GMT, Gunner Asch
wrote:

,;Ubunto is supposed to be very very good..but you have to install it on
,;a seperate machine..as it installes itself completly..including
,;formating your drives, as I understand it. I may be wrong with the
,;latest distro.

If you meant Ubuntu you are wrong. It runs from the CD without
installing.

You're both right. The Ubuntu "Live CD" runs off the CD without
touching the system. The standard distribution installs as normal, on
the hard drive. Same functionality, but the liveCD is great for testing
systems to make sure they'll work with the real install.