Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard

Default OT Browser

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 05:00:25 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I don't like IE but have to use it for several sites, such as my
banks. FIDIOTS, they. And I couldn't use my older copy of Eudora
when I moved up here and started using Starband. It wouldn't work
and the techies there said it couldn't work, so I fell back to OE.
I immediately turned off the preview function which automatically
opened every single email.

Give Thunderbird a try. Works for me. OE specific sites, I just
decide they don't want me to see what they're offering. I also don't
do my banking by internet, there are no numbers in this machine for
anyone to steal.

But then, with email, I've settled on what I call a "reverse
killfile",

I do business online and have to accept email from strangers far too
often.

My method might be a problem there.

I've had a love/hate relationship with NAV since the day I installed
it.

Necessary evil. Slows things down, but not as much as even a benign
virus. A rock and a hard place.

Rich