Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard

Default OT Browser

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 03:46:55 -0800, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

I set up OE to read as "text only", which is how it should be anyway. In
any case, one "I seem to remember" cite doesn't exactly substantiate your
previous claim of "magnets for virii of all kinds" now does it?

Apparently sarcasm is a bit over your head. KAK, or Kagau Anti
Krosoft was a relatively benign virus, it popped up a window, witn a
short and stupid message. If you clicked on any part of that window,
the computer shut down. But, like 99.999% of all virus, it was
targeted to use weaknesses in MS software. That's also when I decided
that enabling auto protect in Nortons was a good idea.

Anyway, use whatever you want. I use IE and OE and have never had an
infection.

MY guess is that your ISP has better protection in their system than
you have in yours. Before I installed Firefox I had installed:

Popup blockers
Cookiewall
Naviscope
Zeroclick

All of which allow that which M$ doesn't, meaning blocking those
things that have no right to exist.

I don't need them now.

Rich