Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Danniken

Default OT Browser

"Richard" wrote:
, "Jon Danniken" wrote:

Well, for one thing my news server (news.individual.net) is a text only
affair, but even still, just downloading something isn't the problem.
Running executables from an unknown source is what causes infections.

For
another thing, I set OE with high security, since I only use it for text
anyway (or maybe images sometimes).

Hmmm. I seem to remember that the KAK worm was transmitted through
Email, also it's written in HTML, which OE happily accepts without
question, and launches when you open that email. Doesn't even ask you
about it. But, if you're happy with Ie and OE, have at them. I like
being able to say what my box does and doesn't do.

I set up OE to read as "text only", which is how it should be anyway. In
any case, one "I seem to remember" cite doesn't exactly substantiate your
previous claim of "magnets for virii of all kinds" now does it?

Anyway, use whatever you want. I use IE and OE and have never had an
infection.

Jon