Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tom Storey

Default Annual Bird Watching Report - Definately OT

Hi Arch. Y'all will probably see a few Great Northern Hairy Chested Nut
Scratchers around Hollywood Fl. at this time of year. They roost and
procreate in the Ontario and Quebec woods during the summer and take flight
on their southern migration at the first sign of snow. The Quebec variety is
recognised on the beach by the thong.
A Western sub-species of Scratcher can be seen flocking in and around the
Arizona/California deserts during the cooler months. These coloUrful birds
usually drag their nests along behind them but that's ok because they are
wonderful fliers!
A good vantage point to observe these magnificent fowl is the local Wal-Mart
and they can be recognized by their familiar cry " Eh ay ay ay... waddya
say!". These fine birds are quite tame, generally have impeccable manners
and are a delight to have at one's house for dinner, but not as a course!
The G.N.H.C.N.S. begin their northern migration in the spring on the hot air
fronts that drift northward across the lower 48 and into Canada. Although
the frontal phenomena is present year-round, intensifies during both equinox
and election years for reasons that have not yet been determined.

"Arch" wrote in message
Getting cold up North and flocks of Snowbirds of all varieties, human
and feathered, are arriving in South Florida even as I post. We natives
appreciate and need them all, so this is my annual
report on the birds I recognize from RCW. What rare bird sightings have
you made?
1. The Yellow-Bellied Troll____________2

2. The Black-Billed Spammmer________2
3. The Purple-Crested Knowitall_______2

4. The Scissor-Tailed knifeintheback____2

5. The Cockaded-Namedropper_______3

6. The Pileated-Neverwrong__________2

7. The Ring-Necked Disagree_________4

8. The Good-Grey Lurker____________14

9. The Palmated Self-Deprecator______2

10. The Double-crested Ontheotherhand

11. The Screeching-Takeoffense_______4
12. The Needle-Beaked Pickapart______3

And a native Florida bird.......................... The WebbedTv
Musing-Booby_________1

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter