Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard

Default OT Browser

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 20:03:48 -0800, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote:
"Jon Danniken" quickly quoth:
"Larry Jaques" wrote:
, "Jon Danniken" quickly quoth:

According to your "data", because I don't use Norton and use IE and OE

Well, for one thing my news server (news.individual.net) is a text only
affair, but even still, just downloading something isn't the problem.
Running executables from an unknown source is what causes infections. For
another thing, I set OE with high security, since I only use it for text
anyway (or maybe images sometimes).

Jon.

Hmmm. I seem to remember that the KAK worm was transmitted through
Email, also it's written in HTML, which OE happily accepts without
question, and launches when you open that email. Doesn't even ask you
about it. But, if you're happy with Ie and OE, have at them. I like
being able to say what my box does and doesn't do.

But then, with email, I've settled on what I call a "reverse
killfile", if your name isn't on the list, into the bit bucket and
I'll never know it was sent. The Yahoo addy that came with SBC global
probably has a bunch of spam in it, but I never open it anyhow, don't
care what's there.

Rich