Posted to alt.home.repair
Mort Guffman

Default A crook caught, and a LESSON FOR DIY'rs !!!!!!!

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:16:42 GMT,
wrote:

Home-moaners - wanna know why you 'takes your chances' buying HVAC
over the Internet and 'DIY'ing' ???? Read on.

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 20:48:22 GMT, "Travis Jordan"
wrote:

Bill wrote:
In article ,
"R. Pierce Butler" wrote:

The proprietor of a Pinellas, Florida based air conditioning
contracting company has been recently charged and arrested on two
felony counts of grand theft in conjunction with operation of an
unlicensed air conditioning company.

Because he was operating without a license or what?

http://stateson.net/ac/home_ac_fl_complaint.txt

Geez, what a nitpicker !!!!!!

http://stateson.net/ac/

I suppose he's going to claim 'coil damage' on THIS ???
There's just no telling with some people ....

http://stateson.net/ac/DCP_0014.JPG

Pick Pick Pick !!!!

http://stateson.net/ac/DCP_0015.JPG

Hey, a little hammer action and it'll be OK !!!

http://stateson.net/ac/DCP_0016.JPG

And a little silicone, good as new !!!

http://stateson.net/ac/DCP_0017.JPG

This probably made him feel better !

http://stateson.net/ac/exhibit_a.doc

"Mr. Stateson,
Thank you for contacting Goodman Mfg. According to the information
provided, this unit was purchased via the Internet. Our warranty
states that we do not honor any warranty on products purchased over
the Internet. Your current situation is one example of why Goodman
does not recommend units being purchased over the Internet .

Please contact HomeAC.net for any further assistance.

Thanks

Byron Kirkwood
Goodman Consumer Affairs"

\

Here's a link to a St Petersburg Times article:

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/12/06/So...n_unlice.shtml