Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Joel Kolstad

Default Which TV's work best with indoor antennas (not cable)?

"b" wrote in message
oups.com...
seems like the majority of the problems/complaints so far in this
thread are related to the vhf channels. I can't believe that these
days, there are still places broadcasting on it, given the greater
susceptibilty to interference and generally crappy performance.

VHF requires far less power to cover a given area; changing a VHF TV station
to UHF serously spikes the power bills -- I don't think you ever find a VHF
station that would voluntarily move to UHF!