Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn

Default Buying USA?

evodawg wrote:

[snip]
Just a little concerned about all this $$$$ going to China and our
politicians and retail manufactures promoting this idea. Is National
Security an issue? Not to mention all the jobs lost to this practice.

Rich

And take a look at who owns parts of our $8 trillion deficit (increasing
at $.5 trillion per year). Lots of Asian countries (including the PRC
at something like $800 billion, plus Japan, Singapore, others) and
mid-eastern countries (try Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc.) All that is
necessary to tank our economy is for one of these guys to start
unloading a bit of that debt at bargain prices. Possible? Absolutely.
Probable? I don't know but it's enough to make my sphincter clench up.
gloom,
jo4hn