Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Unknown

Default OT Browser

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:48:38 -0600, Rex B
wrote:

,;Dave Hinz wrote:
,;Linux would be the ideal answer, but the last time I tried to set up
,;internet access, I botched it completely, that's for when I have a
,;separate box I can use for Linux again. When it's up and running,
,;move this one, better yet, put Linux in this one and trash XP. I have
,;another box with win(lose)2k that I reserve for those backward
,;developers that only scribble for windoze.
,;
,;
,; Try one of the "Live CD" linux distributions. Ubuntu has a great one.
,; Stick the CD in your drive, reboot the system, you're in a linux system
,; running off the CD. You can see the state of the OS, without doing a
,; thing to your Windows installation. Take out the CD, reboot again, and
,; you're back to your untouched Windows installation.
,;
,;
,;That's pretty cool.
,;Is that something you buy at a retail software counter, or online?

Ubuntu is not only free but you can order the CD and get free
shipping. If that is not enough you can order more than one copy for
the same "price". I ordered several and gave them to interested
friends.

If you are reluctant to get into Linux google for "reatogo"
(www.reatogo.de). There is a bit of a learning curve to make the
bootable CD but you can run XP off the CD just like you run Linux with
Ubuntu. You now have a familiar OS and can work on the system files on
your computer which ordinarily would be unavailable because they were
in use. It is slowly as you might expect as it runs from a CD but it
does run

Nice way to by-pass passwords and delete "un-deleteable" files. As
soon as you shutdown this XP evaporates.