Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Unknown

Default Need to heat a 2 stall garage.

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 05:04:44 GMT, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

,;On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:07:06 -0600, Taunt
,;wrote:
,;
,;I'll check into it. I guessing I'd have to cut a hole for the exhaust, I
,;don't know if I want to do that. ????
,;
,; Do it, it's always worth the trouble. Two words: "Carbon Monoxide"

Two additional words not mentioned except by chemists...Sulfuric acid

That compound added to propane (or natural gas) for odor detection is
a sulfur compound. Guess what comes out with the exhaust gasses after
combustion along with a hell of a lot of water.
,;
,; Other useful words are "Oxygen Depletion" and "excessive moisture",
,;but the first two should have gotten the message across. Only use a
,;vented type heater in an occupied enclosed space, and make sure
,;there's a path for makeup combustion air, no "Super-sealed" rooms.
,;
,; And check it at installation, and again every year or so, to make
,;sure the burner is operating with a nice blue flame and that the stack
,;is clear and drawing properly. Checking the draft can be as simple as
,;lighting the heater, snuffing a match in front of the draft diverter,
,;and watching the smoke trail.
,;
,; The life you save may be your own. "Dirt Naps" are forever.
,;
,; There's a very good reason why all permanent and portable non-vented
,;space heaters are illegal in many places. The laws are usually
,;written after a local tragedy.
,;
,; -- Bruce --
,;
,; Graduate, So Cal Gas Co. "Appliance Service Clinic" training course.