Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Don

Default A crook caught, and a LESSON FOR DIY'rs !!!!!!!

"Bill" wrote in message
In article . net,
"Don" wrote:

"Bill" wrote
You shouldn't hiring techs. You should be hiring licensed contractors.

Most moaners problems stem from hiring the unqualified.

Licensure in no way insures competency.

True but it does provide for accountability.

No more so than any court or arbitration proceedings.
They say you can sue a ham sandwich in the courts these days.

But hey. You get
what you pay for.

Actually, if you hire someone that has paid ransom to the state (you call
it
licensure) you are getting a little less.

I disagree. It shows certain standards were met and a demonstrated level
of knowledge.

What about RSES certifications and NATE?

Isn't it possible for someone to have the education and the experience yet
NOT have a license?
Yes it is because, though I have held 3 licenses for almost 20 years prior
to that I was unlicensed for 4 years.
Licensure didn't change the quality of my work, but it did effect my bottom
line.
In all things the rule is *caveat emptor*, buyer beware, regardless of
license or not.